Organic fruits are products that are free of synthetic pesticides, artificial fertilizers, irradiation, and biotechnology. They are more nutritional because plants produce more vitamins and antioxidants when grown without using pesticides and fertilizers.
Organic farmers usually conserve energy and help to protect the environment by growing their foods organic. Not using fertilizers and pesticides reduce pollution of groundwater. Organic agriculture reduces the greenhouse effect and global warming. Organic meat comes from animals that were raised without being fed antibiotics or growth hormones.
When you are shopping for organic foods you should look for the USDA seal. On meat and dairy products, this seal tells you that you are buying antibiotic and hormone-free products.
- Genetic Testing
- Genetic Savings and Clone Forced to Shut Down
- Cuba Approves First Therapeutic Vaccine for Lung C...
- GM Damages Environment But Not Pests, Says Study
- Genetic Engineering in Food
- Sowing the seeds of a better future
- Fantastic Voyage : Live Long Enough to Live Foreve...
- Playing the High-Stakes Biotech Game
- Biochemistry Degrees an Ultimate Course in online ...
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies Borrow ...
- Career In Biotechnology
- Why You Should Buy Organic Foods
- Noncoding RNA gene detection using comparative seq...
- ▼ January (13)