OK, so I picked up a free copy of the Industrial Biotechnology journal at this weeks SIM meeting and in it they had something that caught my eye. It is a small company called E-Fuel that is coming out with a home ethanol distilling system. Yes, you read that right. It is a big box with a gas pump on it that you dump raw sugar and yeast into and out comes ethanol. Apparently it uses membrane distilling instead of traditional heat distilling so things won’t explode on you. They claim that making a gallon of ethanol costs about $1.25 and that you can even dump alcoholic drinks into it and run them straight through the membrane system to recover the ethanol in there for $0.10 a gallon.
- The biological basis of gene therapy
- Biofriendly’s UK sister company Green Plus release...
- Green Plus is now mandated in Mexican City of Guzm...
- Indian Biotech Market - Firm And Steady Growth
- Indian Biotech Industry Successful IT cousin
- CRM System
- BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOSAFETY
- Blend It Yourself
- The history of gene therapy
- Gene Therapy - Viral Vectors
- ▼ October (10)